There are many advantages of learning a second language, or maybe your third, fourth or fifth language! It opens up opportunities and experiences that we could never imagine having before- as studying anything would.
But why Chinese?
It’s too difficult right? It’s not very useful for someone living elsewhere such as Europe right? Wrong! Here are some reasons why learning Chinese is becoming one of the most common languages to study:
Here are 7 reasons why:
- There are over 1.4 billion Chinese people! Though the estimates vary, there are roughly 1 billion native Mandarin speakers. It is the most widely spoken native language in the world- much more so than English or Spanish.
- Mandarin Chinese is spoken in more countries than just the Republic of China. It is also spoken in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand.
- China has the second largest economy in the world.
- Many countries and companies do business with Chinese companies all around the world.
- The demand for Chinese speaking candidates is hugely increasing all around the world; it can give you a real advantage in the competitive job market.
- Studying Chinese will give you a deeper insight into over 5000 years of Chinese culture and to the people that live there- and would allow you to travel around this unique country.
- Although it might seem too difficult in the beginning, Mandarin has a surprisingly easy grammar structure.
There are many more exciting reasons why learning Chinese is a valuable skill, but we will go on forever. A great way to learn a language is to visit the country and fully immerse yourself in the language and culture- you will become an expert in no time!